Posted: June 1, 2020
Disconnect - Go offline for an hour (or more).
Play a card or board game with a family member.
Make your bed when you get up in the morning.
Relax by listening to some calming music.
Record a performance for the CMS Virtual Talent Show
Make a wish list of 3 things you want to do after social distancing. Reflect on why they are important.
Discuss a time you were scared during quarantine. What could you do different next time?
Create a nature scavenger hunt to do by yourself or with family
Make a poster or collage about yourself. Include your favorite food, activities, etc.
Write a letter to a favorite teacher past or present. Share a memory from their class.
Physical Fitness: Mr. Graham recommends the following resources to help you stay active at home a minimum of 30 minutes a day.
A few Ideas for outdoor Physical Activity (while maintaining social distancing)
· Make it up Monday: Make up a game where you must practice your kicking skills.
· Toning Tuesday: Do 5 burpees, 5 pushups, 5 jumping jacks, 5 lunges, 5 squats and 5 exercises of your choice.
· Wheelie Wednesday: Review road safety and then go Skateboard, Bike or Rollerblade.
· Tossing Thursday: Toss a ball or a pair of socks at the wall. Can you think of 7 different ways to catch it? Example: 2 hands, clap then catch.
· Family Fun Friday: Make up a dance with your family, who has the best dance moves?
· Softball Saturday: Act like a pitcher. Practice your underhand throw using a ball or a pair of balled-up socks. How far can you throw?
· Sunday Special: Go for a walk with your family and try to discover something new.
A few ideas for indoor Physical Activity (click the links below)
· GoNoodle: https://family.gonoodle.com GoNoodle engages kids with free movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. GoNoodle inspires kids to be active and mindful with a wide range of offerings that appeal to kids’ different ages, interests, skills, and abilities.
· ASDN-Virtual Olympics:http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/other/asd-n-virtual-olympics ASD-North will be offering a "Virtual Olympic" games for all students and their families over 10 days from May 25-29 and June 1-5. The games will consist of three activities each day that students can compete in. There will be a video and activity card provided for each day detailing the activities that are to be completed with an explanation and a demonstration of the activities. Events can be completed as many times as desired over the week and do not have to be done on the suggested day. A list of equipment required will be posted on the ASD-N website. Most, if not all, of the required equipment can be found around the house or yard. Parents and students are encouraged upload any pictures and videos to social media using the hashtag #asdnvirtualolympics